Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More adventures

Story about possum #2: If fighting with one possum wasn't enough, they found another possum's life to ruin. One morning before dawn, I let my two dogs outside. 15 minutes later, I hear barking. I jump up, run outside, and again, I see my two dogs getting ready to go toe to toe, or paw to paw with a possum. I yell at them, getting them to back away from the possum. The possum just wanted to leave, but he was ready to fight if he had to. I grab Colton, throw him in the house, and go back for Braxton. Braxton apparently thought he was doing a remake of Gladiator, because he wouldnt' let me grab him for anything. After what seemed like an eternity, I was able to put enough distance between the possum and Braxton so that the possum could just leave, but let me tell you....he didn't just pack up and walk away. He slowly and cautiously departed my backyard. Problem solved, no casualties.

Poison Ivy: I have poison ivy in my backyard. My dogs love to run through it. The other morning, I let Brax and Co inside, and I see a long red cut on his side. I freak out, and pour peroxide on it, which is the WRONG thing to do. Not only did my poor dog wimper like crazy, I read that you should let the dog soak in Epsom Salt. Anyway, turns out that it was a really big poison ivy rash. It was really red. So red in fact that after I poured peroxide all over it, I shaved it to get to it better. Now, after much caladryl, the rash is gone, but my dog has a patch of hair missing. I can't take him anywhere until that fur grows back!

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment