Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A few of their latest adventures

In the last few months, Braxton and Colton have almost killed a possum, got sprayed by a skunk, got into a fight with another possum, got poison ivy, found a snake in the house, and Braxton cut his paw!

Possum story: One night I heard insane barking from the backyard at 10:30 at night. I walk outside, and see that my two dogs have something cornered. I yell at them to come inside, they don't. I run back in to grab a flashlight, by the time I grab it and go back outside. I walk up to them sniffing a bloody, not moving possum. I think it's dead, grab a dust pan and a plastic bag, put the possum in the bag, put the bag in the trash. I quickly Google info about a possum to see if my dogs need shots, etc. only to find out that the possum may not be dead. I quickly run back outside, get the possum out of the bag, and lay him/her by my window in the front yard, and the next morning it was gone. I'm sure it was hurt, but not dead.

Skunk story: One morning while getting dressed for work, I hear barking, and I smell the faint odor of a skunk. I open the back yard to hear barking and wimpering from my two precious dogs. I let them in, and hurriedly throw them both in the tub as I scrub them like there's no tomorrow. Again, I Google instructions on how to rid them of the skunk smell. I bought peroxide, dishwashing soap, and baking soda. I mixed those items together, washed them with the concoction, and it seemed to help. The smell left my house a few days later. This was two months ago, and I can still faintly smell skunk on their faces, because I couldn't wash their faces too good because I didn't want to get soap in their eyes.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment